Saturday, November 14, 2009


There are moments when being unattached feels right, this is the majority of my linear experience, and then there are moments like these…

My heart beats out of my chest and I become that little girl who is without her family, in a land far from her place of birth, who feels separated from everything she is familiar with and can’t see past the fear of being alone. In this moment no amount of self talk will calm this wounded child.

It is in a split second of the invasion of this doubt, this exercise of the ego, that the warrior becomes apparent and the frightened child is comforted and can rest.

This intense breakdown of all that I have known is indeed necessary for the immense restructuring of my life. If I said I was unafraid I would be telling an untruth. If I said I want to stop the process, again I would not be telling the truth. If I told you that every second brings exhilaration and curiosity in their most potent forms, I would be sharing with you my most heartfelt expression of appreciation, excitement, and trust in God I have ever been blessed with.

I think this may be the first words of a work in progress…

No comments:

Post a Comment